Monday, May 10, 2010

Staying busy

It's been a while since our last post and I'm not sure where to start, so here's a random list of how we've been keeping busy.

Each time we go out there's something new to learn and experience. A few weeks ago we sailed out of the Golden Gate and into some mixed up big swell. With a shortage of wind and the boat bobbing around I had my first bout with seasickness. The lack of sleep and an insufficient breakfast contributed to my feelings of illness, but all in all it wasn't too bad. I even managed to keep my lunch.


Fortunately for Krister, he a friend to help out and keep him company. With Nick at the helm, the boys sailed to Stinson beach, hove to for lunch and brought us back into the bay just as the sun was setting.

My sister Becky, my niece Ximena and their friend Eric came to visit. We had smooth water and light winds, making our sunset cruise perfect for the first timers.

We finally got our rugs! They look great and make us feel fancy. I also scrubbed the companionway steps, replaced the nonskid, and oiled the wood to make it shine-Oh so pretty.

After our trip thru the fog Krister made it a priority to install our new chart plotter- complete with AIS receiver overlays. Now we will know exactly where we are and more importantly, where those big tankers and fast moving ferries are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment